Tiger Beats: Top reasons to experience top-ranked UK DJ Jackmaster tonight at Make It New
This evening will mark exactly nine months to the day since Jackmaster was last in town — gestation is over, he has come to deliver us via Middlesex Lounge’s weekly dance haven, Make It New. The benevolent & dapper Scottish DJ & member of the ensemble J.E.S.u.S (recently gracing Coachella & Glastonbury) emits a merriment radius of about 25 kilometers, perfect for these last fleeting moments of summer on Massachusetts Avenue. While I understand that house & techno unfortunately may not be everyone’s cup of Buckfast (bit of an inside joke), we all can enjoy ’80s bangers like “Tarzan Boy”, correct?!
Well we’re all in luck, because Baltimora is featured in the fourth installment of Jack’s mix series entitled “Tweak-A-Holic”. If for some odd reason that alone was not enough to rouse you from your catatonic state, here are a few more to convince you the reader, to join me on the dance floor. Come bask in the glory of the master craftsman before he eclipses that guy dating Taylor Swift.
– Jack recently played a Boiler Room with local / worldwide hero Armand Van Helden. Hellooo.
– At the end of his last set @ Middlesex Lounge he dropped this Neil Young remix.
– He just reviewed pop hits for The Guardian using the witticism & penchant for honesty embedded in his DNA.
– Rolling Stone followed him around for a night, so he must be cool.
– He adopted a tiger, apparently. Just another step on the way to Sainthood.
Tonight. #MakeItNew. Middlesex.
I’ll take my pineapple juice shaken, not stirred.
MAKE IT NEW WITH JACKMASTER + JOHN BARERA + BALTIMORODER :: Thursday, August 20 at Middlesex Lounge, 315 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA :: 9 p.m., 21-plus, $15 before 11 p.m., $20 after :: Facebook event page