Studio 52 is a community artist space located in the heart of Allston, and is proud to support the Boston music scene and local artist community.
The Boston Calling Spring 2017 lineup keeps getting better and better, and as the three-day music and arts festival sits about a month away (May 26 to 28 at the Harvard Athletic Complex in Allston), we now have an idea of what we'll all be eating and drinking as we watch Tool, Chance The Rapper, The xx, Run The Jewels, Solange and about 40 other bands and artists up across multiple stages.
And since this edition of Boston Calling has doubled in size from its previous life at City Hall Plaza, its food and drink options have expanded as well. Stewart Billodeaux, director of concessions for event producer Crash Line Productions, tells Boston Magazine: “Prior to this, we were somewhat restricted by the physical real estate... We’re basically doubling the size of the festival. Not only can we have twice as many vendors, but we can do a whole, wide array of offerings, from vegetarian, to barbecue, to oysters on the half shell. It really just enhances the experiences from top to bottom, because now everyone is going to find something they like to eat.”
There will be 11 new vendors on site at Boston Calling, including Cambridge barbecue joint The Smoke Shop, Asian street food truck Moyzilla, beloved taco and burrito joint El Pelon Taqueria, vegan dessert spot FoMu, and the lobster-roll-and-oyster-slinging Shuck Food Truck.
Of course, you'll need some tasty adult beverages to wash all that down. Festival sponsors Miller Lite, Samuel Adams, and Dark Horse Wine will keep things flowing, and a Mikkeller Craft Beer Garden will serve as a refuge from the fest craziness and serve up its Boston Calling beer, the BC Dream Hoppy Pilsner.
There's really a lot going on here, so scan through the full list below. An asterisk (*) denotes that participant is new for 2017. Tickets to Boston Calling range from $99 to $999; get a full rundown of ticket prices and availability here.
Boston Calling Spring 2017 Food Menu
VIP Food Menu
Ruth’s Chris Steak House
– Beef Sliders
*Shuck Food Truck
– Oysters on the Half Shell
*Love Art Sushi
– Shoyu Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl: Hawaiian Marinated Yellowfin in soy, sesame, chili, garlic, nori with scallions over seasoned sushi rice
– Spicy Crawfish Sushi Bowl: Tender Crawfish tossed in Sriracha wasabi aioli topped with panko over seasoned sushi rice
– Avocado Ponzu Boat: Half an avocado surrounded by microgreens filled with citrus ponzu topped with furikake over seasoned sushi rice
*Puritan & Company (Friday & Saturday)
– The choice of tacos, a bowl with grains and greens, or a sandwich with the choice of the following proteins: Grilled Pork, Organic Salmon (raw or grilled), Free Range Chicken
*Doretta Taverna & Raw Bar (Sunday)
– Chicken Souvlaki with tzatziki, pickled onion and tomato
– Ancient Grain Salad with dried fruit, nut & seeds and cumin yogurt